TERMS & CONDITIONS
The names, images and logos identifying Pleasurewood Hills and their products and services are subject to copyright, design rights and trademarks of Pleasurewood Hills. Nothing contained in these terms shall be construed as conferring by implication, estoppels or otherwise any licence or right to use any trademark, patent, design right or copyright of Pleasurewood Hills.
The information and materials (“Content”) appearing on the Site are displayed for personal, non-commercial use only. All software used on the Site and all Content included on the Site (including without limitation site design, text, graphics, audio and video, the selection and arrangement thereof and the underlying source code) is our property or that of our suppliers and is protected by international copyright laws. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
None of the Content may be downloaded, copied, reproduced, republished, posted, transmitted, stored, sold or distributed without the prior written permission of the copyright holder. This excludes the downloading of one copy of extracts from the Site on any single computer for personal, non-commercial home use only, provided that all copyright and proprietary notices are kept intact. Modification of any of the Content or use of any of the Content for any purpose other than as set out herein (including without limitation on any other website or computer network) is prohibited. If you breach any of the terms of this legal notice, your permission to use the Site automatically terminates and you must immediately destroy any downloaded or printed extracts from the Site. All trademarks, service marks and logos used on the Site from time to time are the trademarks, service marks or logos of their respective owners.
The Site may from time to time include links to third party internet websites which are controlled and maintained by others. These links are included solely for your convenience and do not constitute any endorsement by us of the websites linked or referred to including the services featured on those websites, nor do we have any control over or knowledge of any terms and conditions of use or content of any such websites. Further, we have not reviewed these third party websites and do not make any representations regarding the availability or content or accuracy of materials on such websites. If you decide to access third party websites through links on the Site, you do so at your own risk. Your use of third party websites is subject to any terms and conditions of use of those websites which you should read immediately prior to further using these websites.
While we endeavour to ensure that the information on the site is correct and truthful, to the maximum extent permitted by law, we provide you with the site on an “as is” basis only. You accept that access to the site may be suspended at any time and without notice in the case of systems failure, maintenance or repair or for any other reasons whatsoever, including for reasons beyond our control.
We make no representation or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the operation of the site or the information, reliability, completeness or timeliness of the content or services available on the site or that the use of the site will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free. You expressly agree that your use of the site is at your own risk.
Further, any other party (whether or not involved in creating, producing, maintaining or delivering the site) including the officers, employees, consultants or agents exclude all liability and responsibility for any amount or kind of loss or damage that may result to you or any third party (including without limitation, any direct, indirect, punitive or consequential loss or damages, or any loss of income, profits, goodwill, data, contracts, use of money or loss or damages arising from or connected in any way to business interpretation and whether in tort (including without negligence) contract, warranty or otherwise in connection with the site in any way or in connection with the use, inability to use or the results of use of the site, any websites linked to the site or the content on the site, including but not limited to loss or damage due to viruses (including logic bombs, trojan horses, worms, harmful components, corrupted data or other malicious software or harmful data) that may infect your computer equipment, software data or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing the site or your downloading of any content from the site or any websites linked to the site. Further, we exclude all liability and responsibility as set out above whether or not we are advised of the possibility of such loss or damage.
Nothing in this legal notice shall exclude or limit our (including our employees or agents) liability for:- (a) death, personal injury or fraud caused by our negligence; or (b) misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter; or (c) any liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law
If your use of the content on the site results in the need for servicing, repairing or correction of equipment, software or data you assume all costs thereof. Pleasurewood Hills LTD operates in the UK.
All payments made online will be in £GBP ISO 4217
There are no export restrictions for any ticket purchase online.
When an online ticket is purchased you are purchasing a ticket to enter the park for the day in which you have stated (unless you purchased Open Tickets, in which you buy a ticket valid for any one day the season).
Tickets purchased can only be used in the same year they were bought only.
This purchase provides you with a reference number to enter the park not a physical ticket.
We will send a confirmation email to you when the booking has been completed detailing Reference Number, Transaction Amount and Date of Visit (Unless Open Ticket booking.)
We will not send you any admission ticket prior to your booking.
Upon arrival on your stated day you will take your Reference Number to a till and you will be issued with a wristband for admission into the park.
Bookings are only valid for the season that they are booked in.
Pleasurewood Hills operates a no refund policy for any ticket purchased online. This includes direct debit payments pre-cancellation. Dated tickets are for the date they are due to visit. Date changes are subject to a £2.50 administration fee and the difference between the price of the date originally intended to visit and the date being changed to. No rebates are given if the cost required is less.
Anytime tickets can only be used on a day we are open during the season when the ticket was issued. For confirmation of season open dates please visit our Opening Times page.
You agree to indemnify and hold us, our officers, employees, agents, consultants, licensees and suppliers, harmless from and against any claims, actions or demands, liabilities and settlements including without limitation, reasonable legal and accounting fees, resulting from or alleged to result from, your use of the Content of the Site in a manner that violates, or is alleged to violate, these terms. We shall provide notice to you promptly of any such claim, suit, or proceeding, and shall reasonably co-operate with you, at your expense, in your defence of any such claim.
We will not be liable for any delay or failure in performance or interruption of the delivery of the Content of the Site resulting directly or indirectly from any cause or circumstances beyond our reasonable control, including but not limited to failure of equipment or communication lines, telephone or other interconnect problems, computer viruses (including logic bombs, Trojan horses, worms, harmful components, corrupted data or other malicious software or harmful data), unauthorised access, theft, operator errors, severe weather, earthquakes or natural disasters, strikes, or other labour problems, wars or governmental restrictions.
If any provision of these terms is found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these terms, which shall remain in full force and effect. No waiver of any of these terms shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or any other term.
Our Customer Services is situated at Pleasurewood Hills LTD, Leisure Way, Lowestoft, Suffolk. NR32 5DZ.
You can contact us by post at the above address, by phone 01502 586000 or by email email@example.com.
Details in any printed materials are correct at the time of going to press.
The management reserve the right to withdraw or alter any of the facilities at anytime without prior notice. Guests are also informed that rides, shows and attractions may be closed, temporarily withdrawn or made otherwise unavailable at any time due to technical or operational reasons, capacity or inclement weather.
The management are not obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets. Some rides have height restrictions.
Pleasurewood Hills Family Theme Park reserves the right to refuse admission, ban from entry, or remove from the park without any right to a refund any person or people whose presence or behaviour may affect the enjoyment and/or safety of other guests or staff. This includes, but is not limited to:
• Violent, aggressive, threatening, abusive, discriminatory or insulting words or behaviour, which may interfere with the enjoyment of any other guests.
• Standing on, damaging or interfering with any ride or park structures, exhibits or other property belonging to the park.
• Entering or attempting to enter any part of the park which is restricted/prohibited as determined by Us.
• Being found in the park without a valid ticket or proof of purchase.
• Legal action may be taken by Us to start prosecution against any person who is in breach of the conditions above.
We accept all major credit cards and debit cards. Please note we do not accept cheques or American Express. Tesco Vouchers can only be redeemed against full price Gold and Silver admission tickets. Sorry no dogs allowed, only guide dogs.
Pleasurewood Hills Ltd (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Pleasurewood Hills Ltd, Leisure Way, Lowestoft, Suffolk, NR32 5DZ.
Pleasurewood Hills Ltd owns and operates the following websites: pleasurewoodhills.com
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
• Contact and general information that you provide by filling in an online enquiry or feedback forms on our websites.
• Contact and address details when you purchase a product in order to confirm the transaction, send you a product and/or update you with details of your booking, or in the unlikely event that we need to contact you urgently about your booking.
• Certain products that we oﬀer may require more detailed data to be collected and processed, for example; Special Events, School/Group bookings, Birthdays and Corporate bookings. This may include information such as additional names, ages and dietary arrangements.
• Marketing and Communications data, such as your name, address and email, if you choose to opt-in to receive marketing material from us.
• We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
• Details of your visits to our websites including, but not limited to; traﬃc data, IP address, weblogs and other communication data.
• If you contact us, we may also keep a record of that correspondence.
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 16
We do not intend to collect information from or market to children under the age of 16 years. If you sign up to receive marketing materials from us we will proceed on the basis that you are over 16.
Children under the age of 13 years will not be able to register for any activities, trails or competitions, without consent from an adult who holds parental responsibility. That person will then be designated the contact for communication of any information, updates and/or prizes.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our marketing department. This is statistical data about your browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual. Your IP address may also be used to diagnose problems with our server, monitor visitor traﬃc patterns and site usage to help us develop and improve our site further.
We use ‘cookies’ to enhance your experience on our websites. Cookies are small data files that are sent to your browser and stored temporarily on your computer to help retain the information that you have entered whilst you browse our websites.
A cookie will typically contain the name of the domain from which the cookie has come and the ‘lifetime’ of the cookie. Cookies do not give us your personal information, they provide us with non-personal information such as remembering your browser settings, what types of software you are using etc. so that we can work with the websites to make them as easy to use as possible for you and all our visitors.
Certain cookies sent to your browser will help us to save you time. For example, if you’re halfway through an online purchase our cookies will allow you to browse other areas of our websites and then return to your purchase.
Please note that if you choose not to receive cookies then some areas of our websites may fail to function as intended so degrading your user experience.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. All payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology and are handled by a certified 3rd Party. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone. We will never ask you for that password.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
• To ensure that content from our websites is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
• To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
• To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
• To notify you about changes to our service.
• To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so.
If you visit our websites, you may subsequently see banner advertisements from us whilst browsing other websites. These adverts are placed by us by approved, specialist media providers. These adverts may be targeted at you based on cookies placed on your computer or other devices when you visit our websites.
If you are active on Social Media you may also see our adverts on your Social Media channels. We may make use of existing profiling tools provided by Social Media companies to try and ensure you are seeing adverts from us that may be of interest to you. We may also utilise the existing data we hold on you in combination with these existing social media tools to make our marketing more targeted.
This can include passing certain data onto Social Media companies (they cannot pass this data onto any other third parties or use this to contact you in any way) who are based outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
Countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) do not always oﬀer the same levels of protection with your personal data, so European law has restricted transfers of personal data outside of the EEA unless the transfer meets certain criteria.
Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we do our best to ensure a similar degree of security of data by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
• We will only transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission; or
• Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts or codes of conduct or certification mechanisms approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe; or
• Where we use providers based in the United States, we may transfer data to them if they are part of the EU-US Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between Europe and the US.
If none of the above safeguards is available, we will request your explicit consent to the specific transfer. You will have the right to withdraw this consent at any time.
We work with multiple ticketing partners who oﬀer our products and services at reduced prices. If you are purchasing one of our products using a ticketing or promotional partner in order to provide these services, securely fulfil transactions and provide you with relevant booking communications we may need to share your data with the relevant partner.
Our ticketing partners are not permitted to send you marketing material unless you give them explicit consent to do so and we only allow our partners to handle your data when they conform to appropriate data protection and security controls.
OPTING-OUT OF RECEIVING MARKETING
If you have chosen not to opt-in to receive marketing material from us, or since opting in have decided to opt-out, we will only contact you regarding any products you may have purchased from us and when we consider it to be in our legitimate interest to contact you about said products.
This may include:
• Sending e-tickets and a record of your purchase to you via email.
• When a situation has arisen that could directly impact the delivery of a booked product or experience. For instance, if weather meant we had to close West Midland Safari Park, we would endeavour to inform you of this via SMS, email or a telephone call. This contact data would be extracted from our e-ticketing system; such information is recorded at point of purchase as it’s necessary for the fulfilment of all bookings and transactions.
• If you are an Annual Pass holder and have therefore entered into a contract with us for a set period. We may contact you with advice on how to make the most of your pass and membership and update you when your pass is due for renewal.
• Emailing you to ask you to complete a feedback survey so we can study how our customers use our products and services and improve our offering accordingly. We will only ask you to feedback on the product you have purchased and you are not obliged to complete the survey we send you.
• If you have been directly involved in any photo, video or media opportunities and provided your details.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
• In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
• If Pleasurewood Hills Ltd. or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
• If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation.
We will not sell your data or share personal data with third party organisations for marketing purposes, but we do use third parties to outsource functions when we do not have the in-house capacity or capability required, such as the use of a mailing house for mailings, fulfilment of an electronic booking or service and analytical services that enable us to target our communications to you more eﬀectively. In such cases, we will only use reputable and well-vetted firms and have contracts and processes in place that ensure the safe and confidential processing of personal data at all times. We may also disclose personal information where required or otherwise permitted by law.
We require all third parties to whom we transfer your data to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We only allow such third parties to process your personal data for specified purposes on our behalf and in accordance with our instructions.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
In order to comply with legal and tax obligations, we have to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for at least six years after they cease being customers.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data: see ‘your rights’ for further information.
In some circumstances, we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A reminder of all your rights under GDPR:
• Request access to your personal data.
• Request correction of your personal data.
• Request erasure of your personal data.
• Object to the processing of your personal data.
• Request restriction of processing your personal data.
• Request transfer of your personal data.
• Right to withdraw consent.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you (two forms of identification) to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
Last Updated: 6th March 2020
SEASON PASS TERMS & CONDITIONS
• Each Season Pass will give the named individual unlimited entry to the Theme Park for the 2022 Season (please check opening dates and times). The pass is non-transferable and should not be used by any other individual. No pass, no entry.
• Any child under the age of 12 years will not be admitted to the park without being accompanied by an adult.
• We renew our passes digitally. If you have a 2019/2020/2021 season pass, the card will be renewed upon a successful renewal transaction. Cards that have been lost or discarded will be subject to a £5.00 replacement fee.
• For lost cards there will be a replacement fee of £5.00 per card. Please report any lost or stolen cards to our customer service team at email@example.com or via visiting our reception building.
• Season Passes do not entitle the cardholder to use rides and attractions which have an additional charge.
• Pleasurewood Hills Ltd reserves the right to withdraw your Season Pass if misused.
• For Season Pass holders, 10% discount is available at all retail and catering units on park. Please note that this excludes street games, arcades, vending machines and show merchandise. This discount cannot be passed onto non-Season Pass holders. Misuse of discount may result in Season Pass withdrawal.
• Exclusive offers for Season Pass holders are at Pleasurewood Hills’ discretion.
• PLEASE NOTE: we require sight of the following proof of identification before a Season Pass can be processed and available for use.
Aged 17 years or under
Full Birth Certificate; or Child Benefit letter; or Universal Credit payment schedule showing child’s name
Aged 18 years or over:
Photo Driving Licence or Passport PLUS: proof of address (recent utility bill for example)
• We also require a recent photograph. This is done online via purchase or renewal.
• The Management reserve the right to withdraw or alter any of the facilities at any time without prior notice. Guests are also informed that rides, shows and attractions may be closed, temporarily withdrawn or made otherwise unavailable at any time due to technical or operational reasons, capacity or inclement weather.
• The Management are not obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets. Some rides have height restrictions. If you have any queries or require additional information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01502 586000. Standard network charges apply.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
• Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
• Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
• Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
• Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire after 45 days.
COOKIE INSET (Appears on Home Page)
BALPPA Statement on Public Safety for Disabled People
Members of the British Association of Leisure Parks, Piers and Attractions (BALPPA) welcome visits by disabled people and will do all that is possible to ensure a safe and pleasurable stay.
However, certain rides/attractions in the park can be quite physically demanding and vigorous. We therefore reserve the right to refuse admission to certain rides/attractions should we feel there is a danger to a particular individual or individuals for whatever reason. We have been advised by the Health & Safety Executive that refusal on the grounds of health and safety does not constitute discrimination.
We hope that you understand and accept the decisions made in the interest of your safety. Please note, the provision of admission discounts and access facilities is entirely at the discretion of Pleasurewood Hills.
Disabled toilets are available throughout the Park, their locations are as below and also listed on the park map;
• Outside the front entrance
• Opposite the Pirate Ship close to the front entrance
• Between Main Street and the Kiddie Zone near to the Carousel
• Lake End of the park near the Balloon Rays and Egg-Spress
Wheelchairs can be hired at the Park (on a first come, first served basis) at a rate of £5 each.
Mobility scooters can be hired from Reception (on a first come, first served basis) at a rate of £15 each.
For guests with photosensitive epilepsy and similar conditions please be aware that we have a number of photo opportunities across the park. The following rides have on-ride photography which will include a flash.
• Rootin Tootin Target Trail
• Marble Madness
• Water Fun Factory
Some rides may contain strobe lighting which may also be unsuitable for those with photosensitive epilepsy. We advise our guests to refer to the safety notice of each ride. If there is any doubt about the precautions, we advise guests not to use the ride and if they chose to do so, they do at their own risk.
Some of our rides may include sudden movements and may be unsuitable but not limited to those suffering from including muscular skeletal issues, previous or current back and neck injuries, those who are or believe to be pregnant, heart ailments or breathing difficulties. Guests are advised to refer to the safety notice boards. If there is any doubt about the precautions, we advise our guests not to ride and if they do so, they do at their own risk.
COMPETITIONS & GIFTS
Throughout the season, we will organise competitions. The terms and conditions for each competition will be presented prior to participation. If you are one of our lucky winners the following policy will be followed.
• Gold and Silver admission tickets are only redeemable against Gold and Silver admission tickets, which allows entry for one person on the day of visit.
• Any gifted tickets will only be valid within the season that they were given.
• Any prizes are not for sale, not transferrable and cannot be exchanged for cash and do not hold any monetary value.
• Photocopies or digital versions will not be accepted.
• Free tickets are not for re-sale and will become invalid if there is any attempt to re-sell it.
Winners of any sort of competition will be notified by either phone, email or social media. If we haven’t had a response within 24 hours, the competition will be re-drawn.